RPGaDay2017 #10

Where do you go for RPG reviews?

I usually don't have a lot of time to play games... well, more accurately, I have periods when I've got heaps of time to play games, but trying to find a regular gaming group who are willing to try new things has been problematic over the last couple of years.

That means I see playtests come through, product launches happen, actual play reports appear, and even hacks manifest, turning into new games entirely as the process cycles through iterations of development and evolution.

It also means that by the time I get around to purchasing or playing a game it's often no longer "the new hotness", so there have been ample opportunities for reviews good and bad to come through, and if a game proves to be a one-gimmick shtick I see the hipster fanaticism die down before I waste my time and effort on it.

On the negative side, I often miss some really good and innovative games that only get limited runs.

I guess the answer to this question is basically that I don't go anywhere for my reviews, I typically let the reviews come to me via various forms of social media. If enough positive reviews come through, and the buzz around a game lasts long enough, I go and find a copy for myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)