Hmmm....

Not much time for typing now, just taking a quick break from data analysis for a university course.

The data I'm analysing is the cesspool known as Gamergate. I'm analysing it from a linguistic/pragmatic perspective to determine where insults occur, how those insults work and if we can really determine whether it's about misogyny or about ethics in games journalism. Individually, certain elements of data look innocuous, but certain patterns are definitely forming.

I don't want to talk about this too much.

I think I'll need to shower,and maybe disinfect myself by the time I've waded through all the vitriol.

Then I'll be able to go back to discussing more pleasant topics, like hideous space mutants, psychic fungal toxins, and ways to inflict slow, bleeding, lingering death on player characters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)