Worldbuilding 101 - Regional Map Interlude Part 2

I've decided to lighten up the map a bit before going further. I'm still not 100% on this, but it's aiming in the right direction, I might add some wave texture to the water around the coastlines. But for the moment, I can do what I'm planning.  


Since this is a nautically themed game (with pirates and privateers), I'm going to start naming some of the larger ports around the coastline. These aren't the capitals of the various named nations, they're just the most influential ports of each nation.


Typically, these old maps had far more names scattered around the coastlines. But I don't want this looking too busy, so I'll add a few extra ports.


That will do for the Old World map at the moment....let's get back to the island.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)