October Artworks

 Most years, when I remember it, I do Inktober. This year I've been hearing controversies about Jake Richmond, the guy who founded Inktober (here's a link to someone else's blog if you're interested, but I thin there were a coupleof other issues too), and was tossing up whether to participate. DeviantArt has specifically cancelled it's promotion of the event. 

I usually try to combine a pair of lists to push myself artistically, then follow through into November by designing a game for NaGaDeMon inspired by my October works. Or I use Inktober to develop the artwork, then format them into a game. Johanus Battey shared a possible listing of artworks in the "RPG and Fantasy Writers and Artists" group on Facebook, so I'll probably be combining that with the Inktober listing.

The list from Johanus


The Inktober List


That gives me...

  1. Fish Goblin
  2. Wisp Elf
  3. Bulky Demon
  4. Radio Redcap
  5. Blade Dwarf
  6. Rodent Bard
  7. Fancy Cleric
  8. Teeth Ratfolk
  9. Throw Sword
  10. Hope Wizard
  11. Disgusting Merchant
  12. Slippery Orc
  13. Dune Unicorn
  14. Armour Ranger
  15. Outpost Crest
  16. Rocket Knight
  17. Storm Cyclops
  18. Trap Rogue
  19. Dizzy Fairy
  20. Coral Spellbook
  21. Sleep Barbarian
  22. Chef Peasant
  23. Rip Troll
  24. Dig Golem
  25. Buddy Druid
  26. Hide Mermaid
  27. Music Wolf
  28. Float Minotaur
  29. Shoes Skeleton
  30. Ominous Gnome
  31. Crawl Lich

There's some easy combinations in there, and a couple of hard ones too. 

They'll probably work as a good set of supplemental images for the urban magic about familiars that I was working on last year.

Comments

Awesome! I planned on doing the same list, but with a female twist so I will be doing a female fishy goblin or a female bulky elf. Are you posting to instagram?

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)