(I was sure that I had posted this bit earlier, but looking through the posts it seems that I had skipped this entry when transferring the posts from my word processor to the blog...so there may have been a bit of a disconnect earlier. Sorry about that,) I like consistency in my game systems, rather than subsystems here and there each functioning in different ways and slowing the game down as players adjust. But, there are things that are natural and things that are supernatural, so I’ll accept some variation in the mechanisms driving the magic in a system compared to the mechanisms driving the mundane. Much of a character’s development through the spheres of magick is basically an expansion of flavour text and narrative potential. At the lowest levels most spheres can sense the mystical energies associated with them, at higher levels subtle manipulations occur along specific lines, and at higher levels more powerful and more diverse effects may be harnessed. Spheres can...
Ingredients: 7 [Dream (3), Abandon (2), Dragonfly (1), Stillness (1) The illusory dream world inherent in this game echoes Hindu or Buddhist thought, the other ingredients are also distinctly mentioned in the text, with abandon playing a larger role in it's context of whether or not you wish to abandon your dreams. Theme: 6 The game does everything and nothing, it has the potential to engage everyone, if they are able to pass the basic barrier of entry. That barrier is different to the standard gaming barrier, and therefore the game generally fits the criteria of a different audience. The actual game once you get through the barrier drifts back into the freeform play style common to so many minimalist games. Would I Play This?: 6 I'd definitely incorporate this into something else. I'd incorporate it into many things. As it stands, it could so easily work as a metagame attached to numerous other concepts... symbiotic, parasitic... But trying to play it on it's ow...
So, I've probably mentioned already that there are issues that have prevented me from continuing my high school tabletop roleplaying club. As far as I'm aware, there are investigations still ongoing, and I'm not allowed to publicly disclose what's happening. However, I'm also aware that there are a few regular readers of the blog who know exactly what's going on. I've got a half dozen students who ask me on at least a weekly basis to give them updates on the situation, and I know that as soon as the club is ready to go again, it will resume with a bang. In the meantime, I couldn't let this opportunity pass me by. I reached out to the Warhammer Alliance , to get the tools ready to start a new club, or at least expand the potential within the club once it resumes activities. The starter kit had to be sent to a school address, so I was thankful that the front office staff notified me immediately on it's arrival yesterday. This evening I unboxed it. ...
Comments