What the hell is happening to D&D?

Since yesterday's post regarding Apocalypse World basically went ballistic (400-odd views and over 30 comments in less than a day), I fugured I'd have a look at my other successful posts over the years.

Number One on the list is an innocuous post entitled "Obligatory 5e Post", looking back on it in retrospect I guess that it was a bit of a clickbait thing as well...but it was posted in January of 2012. That's got me thinking...it's over 2 years later, and I still don't know what's happening to the elusive new edition of D&D. I've designed games, abandoned them, designed new games, and then revisited abandoned designs in that period. The thing that slows me down is typically the fact that I'm only one person and I can't spread the workload. What can be holding up a project that is meant to be the quintessential flagship product for our hobby? Surely, WotC has more than just a single person working on the product...frantically typing away at a laptop between sessions of self illustrating and laying out the work. Maybe it's been released and I just haven't been paying attention.

Anyone got feedback on this, I'm curious.

(For those who are interested, the next most viewed posts are the ones where I start the process of designing my rollerderby game "Hell on 8 Wheels", one about using pocketmods to develop a goblin-centric game, and the first of my map tutorials).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)