Random Character Generation in Walkabout

I currently have a working document on my computer entitled "Walkabout Revision 2019". It includes a revision on the seven core cultures that make ip the world, and is gradually filling out with adaptions from The Law, along with other ideas that I'd like to see in this latest version of the game. I'm hoping it diesn't end up like the 2014 and 2017 revisions of the game that still linger on a hard drive somewhere but never got released.

At the moment I'm working on a new character generation system combining a character's randomised parents, giving them some automatic elements based on these, then giving them a series of potential life path options to flesh the character out as they get older. Young characters might have less of these advantages, older characters find it harder to heal their wounds and fatigue, but they start with more advantages from their lived experience.

I'm still not completely sure how it's all going to work, but hopefully I'll have something that feels pretty close to what I'm after soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)