#Inktober 1 and 2

I'm really torn this year with #Inktober, I always try to push myself a bit when I generate the images, and this year I was thinking of using a set of alcohol markers that I haven't had much chance to play with yet.


At this stage, I'm probably going to generate all the images in plain linework, scan them in, then colour the images later. But again I'm not sure if the best option is to colour the originals, or print them out then colour the copies. I suspect this is a factor of my hoarding instinct, wanting to keep my originals rather than accept that they might get damaged if I stuff them up in the colouring process. But enough about me... here's the first two pictures.

Poisonous and Magic

Most of the images I'm producing with this series have a vague intention of working with the spirit world project that has been explored in this blog. I focused last year's Inktober around "The Law", and that's given me a stockpile of 31 images that haven't been used yet.

For poisonous and magic, I've combined archetypal concepts. The venom of the snake, the weaving of mystic energies. The dark tentacles of metaphysical entities toxic to our reality, struggling to get through.

Tranquil and Broken

For tranquil and broken, the first idea that came to mind was a scene of a zen garden, somewhat neglected, and falling back to nature. A few reworks and the image ended up here, maybe a scene depicting one of the many realms that characters might visit in their travels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)