Accident

I had a car accident last night when I was picking up Leah from work.

I can't lay the blame only upon others, but I can't accept it all for myself either.

I tried to get around a car that couldn't turn the corner at an intersection, and needed to change lanes.

I saw a gap in the neighbouring lane and took my chance.

The car that had caused the gap sped up to block my lane change and I turned back into my original lane.

Which led me to smash into the back of the car I was originally trying to get around.

Neither my car, nor the one I hit were doing high speeds so, the damage could have been a lot worse.

We did the courteous thing and exchanged details, Technically, legally, I was in the wrong because I ran up the back of the other car.

What annoys the hell out of me, is the actions of the driver that deliberately cut me off and caused the accident. Once the cars hit, the driver sped off before I could get number plate details or any other useful information.

I guess it's just human nature to avoid responsibility for bad things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)