Slow start (and a Tarot Simulation)

Another year with a slow start for the blog, basically because I've been preparing to move house next week, rehearsing for a local community theatre production, and putting the final touches on the playtest character generation document for Familiar. It's probably going to be another of those years where I end up chasing my tail, only to end up in flux at the end of it... we'll see.

As for the game design stuff...


The majority of the character generation system for Familiar relies on a five-card tarot spread, but I realise that not everyone has access to a deck of tarot cards. To make things easier, I'm currently looking through online Tarot spread generators, and the closest I've found to what I'm after is here. It's a Celtic Cross spread rather than a five card spread, so I'm trying to find something better...but I'm having a bit of trouble in this regard. There are plenty of Tarot phone apps, so maybe a person could use one of these instead. There would be an end goal of creating an apps that quickly handles generating characters randomly, but I have neither the time nor spoons to handle that at the moment.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)