#AprilTTRPGMaker 12: How do you get your work out there?

Why write my own, when this post by Dan Maruschak already says almost everything I would want to say on the topic?

Why get frustrated that my work generally doesn't get out there, when a number of people have commented that their own work wouldn't have gotten out there if it weren't for face-to-face networking at conventions in North America or the UK? Or just lucky breaks?


For the last 10 years, I've been involved in several initiatives to get Australian game designers recognised. In most cases, one or two designers have been raised above the rabble, while everyone else either continues to struggle along in obscurity, or has their profile marginally lifted.

In the past six years, I've been studying and my game design has been a backburner project. I'm not actively getting my stuff out there, instead I'm just refining what I do, and getting the rest of my life on track.

Most of my stuff can be found on RPGNow/DrivethruRPG, print stuff on Lulu, and a few free games still lingering on 1km1kt

I also try to do things like this, or participate in design competitions when I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)