RPGaDay 2024 (Days 3 and 4)

The complete list of daily questions can be found in the first post of this series.

Day 3 - Most often played RPG


I'd probably have to go with Vampire the Masquerade on this one. I've had a few campaigns of this over the years, both as intimate sessions with a few players, though to mutli-form extravaganzas with over a hundred players in them. 

On the whole though, I tend to try as many different games as I can. A few sessions here and there, with the intention to identify what makes them tick, where their strengths and weakness lie, and what I can forage from them to put into my own designs.

Honourable mentions for most played games would probably have to go to Legend of the Five Rings, and inevitably D&D (because sometimes that's the only game in town. 

Day 4 - RPG with Great Art

HoL

This was the first "hand written" RPG I encountered. The whole book is a piece of art, though it can be argued whether it counts as a roleplaying game, or just a parody of roleplaying games. 

In the time since then, the idea of games as a piece of art in their own right has really been abundant. D&D has has some beautiful (if vanilla) fantasy artwork gracing its pages... games like Troika and Lancer have awesome atmospheric imagery. But my first thought in this regard will probably always be HoL.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)