Circular Logic

While I've been redeveloping the character generation system for Walkabout, I did some research through the old posts here on the blog...

Birth Circumstances

Infancy

Childhood

Adolescence

Maturity

Joining the Wayfarers

...looking through those old posts, I've noticed what looks to be fragments of a fun system for creating characters in the 2019 development run of the game. However, even though a lot of the ideas look like they're still compatible with the concepts currently underlying the system, I've decided this time round that developing a character should generally follow the game system that is used during play. It should generally be an introduction to how the game systems work. That's basically the bit that I'm struggling with. 

  1. I could scrap everything I'm currently working on, and go back to the system from those days (but I'll need to find the old computer files that I alluded to.
  2. I could ignore everything from back then, even though it looked cool, and could probably fill in some of the gaps I''m now struggling to fill.
  3. I could work on a hybrid of the two sets of ideas. However, even though there are some common ideas and they basically aim in the same direction, there's a different methodology and pattern to them, so there will be a lot of tweaking to get the old ideas working in the new pattern.  

So I'm just not sure.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)