RPGaDay2017 #3

How do you find out about new RPGs?

Generally social media. Being hooked up with hundreds of gaming enthusiasts on various social media platforms means having an ear to the ground regarding games that are in development, games that are being kickstarted, and games that have just been released.

That doesn't necessarily mean I get the chance to play all the new hotness that's out there, and while I've been focused on university study over the past five years it's meant that by the time I've had the chance to get to something, a dozen new hotnesses have been and gone.

Of course it gets a bit depressing when I see dozens of people raving about a game when a prominent designer releases it, but I see only one or two people mention it in passing when an unknown designer comes up with the same ideas or concepts, a year or two earlier. Yes, I have been that designer on more than one occasion, but I've seen plenty of other great designers afflicted by the same curse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)