Survivor's Guilt



Toward the end of last year I discussed an idea about using mind control in a game. The whole idea was to make the mind control a narrative aspect that the characters had no influence over, but to make the game about something else entirely. Generally, the mind control has happened, and now the characters have to pick up the pieces of their broken lives. Now that the active part of the story is happening, there is no deprotagonisation, choices can be made, repercussions can be felt. It's all very 'Jessica Jones'.

It's a concept that I've had to exorcise from my brain so that I can work on other things.

That means another monthly mini-game. It's not the sort of thing I'd normally write, it's probably as close as I'd get to the concept of writing a mini 'American-style' freeform game. Maybe its a bit inspired by the recent layout work I did for +Josh T Jordan as well.

Anyway, if you're interested feel free to take a look. I'd appreciate any feedback on it. I might add it for sale on RPGNow/DrivethruRPG in a week or two.

Here's the link.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)