You may be wondering why I've written this.
The simple reason is that once I put all the parts together, this is how well things lined up at the other end of the box assembly.
In my attempt to sand things to the right size, I made some of the components too small, and the actual wall thickness of the material was closer to 5.5mm rather than the advertised 6mm. As a result, I'm about 2mm short on one end. It doesn't make a lot of difference in the grand scheme of things, I can always just sand down the lid to match these components. Luckily this isn't a functional bit of the design that needs close to.erances to work.