Overanalysis

I've been thinking hard about where to take Voidstone Chronicles, perhaps too hard.

Some of my recent attempts to get certain areas right are just pulling too far away from other key concepts that I was really enjoying about the early iterations of the game.

It seems that every time I add one new thing in that I like, I have to sacrifice two other things to get it working.

With those thoughts, it's clear that I'm overanalysing the project and it's time to take a step back.

Instead, I'll start toying with Ghost City Raiders. The card decks I've designed for that game are being proofed and I should see them soon, so it might be a good time to revisit a few of the ideas I had for expanding that game into a campaign narrative form (rather than series of single scenarios).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)