RPGaDay 2024 (Days 29, 30 and 31)

Three to finish off with... 

Day 29 - Awesome App

Nope.

Most apps I've played with have been distracting at the table, or have simply made an overly complex game, slightly less complex. So with this in mind, I can see that a lot of players like them for D&D because they reduce the labyrinthine systems to something vaguely manageable, or make the custom dice in FFG games more available. However, for most of the games that I've tended to play apps just limit the immersion.

Maybe I'm just old school like that.

Day 30 - Person you'd like to game with

I'd love to game with one of the many celebrity gamers who claim that D&D is a great game. Vin Diesel, Hellen Mirren, Terry Crews, Joe Manganiello (my wife would want to be on that table too), Stephen Colbert, Deborah Ann Woll, Dame Judy Dench... I'd love to play something else with them to show that there are games so much better and more interesting out there.



Day 31 - Game or Gamer you miss

One of the first people to share my love of games was my best friend in high school. He committed suicide just after out final school exams, when everyone was ready to start their adult lives at university or apprenticeships, or work, or whatever... It left a massive void in my life that really wasn't filled for several years until I met my wife.

I still miss that guy, and I'd love to know what sorts of games he'd be into these days, or even if he'd still be gaming.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)