Getting the bits right

I'm really struggling to get this character generator ready, every time I read through it I'm seeing more issues with it. I guess I'm just running into that eternal problem where "perfect is the enemy of good".

A character generator needs context, especially when it is designed to create characters who integrate into a specifically established setting. So the question is "How much context do I need?"

Things are blowing out, and the character generation system is rapidly becoming a "player's guide".

Anyway...school holidays are coming up, I might get more time to work on things then.




Tings are going so much slower when I'm painting a bunch of player pictures and trying to keep them consistent (before Photoshopping them into customised page layouts). I'm doubling and even tripling up on usage of the same images for the characters...but even though the whole process is taking a couple of hours for a new batch of illustrations, and more than half of these images just don't make the cut, this still feels like a cheat. 

More work to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)