LARP Weaponry Development

Over the past few months I've been working on a system for making "limited run" custom foam weaponry for LARPs. You may have seen a few posts from me in various places, indicating my progress, both successes and exercises in learning how not to do things. For the past two days I've been getting very close to my final production system. The moulded weapons are getting close to what I want to produce, not quite there, but good enough to start combat testing with.



This particularly piece is a throwing dagger with a leaf pattern running up the side. 

Now I just hope that next pay day will allow me to budget in some liquid latex, this will be mixed with paint to produce flexible but detailed colouring.

In related news, I've just finished watching the web series "LARPs". It's not like any LARP I've been involved in. Most of the LARPs I've played have involved dozens of players and often multiple GMs, not just a small group of players and a single GM dressed up. Still, I re ognise a lot of the character archetypes and traits among many of the players I've encountered over the years.

Closer to what I currently do with the Clans of Elgardt LARP, can be seen in the documentary "The Mordavian Truth" (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5BXKIv-1Dc4). Again, I can see a lot of the character archetypes aming the players that I've come to expect from various roleplayers over the years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)