Secure, Contain and Protect

Sometimes you encounter something that just blows your mind on a metaphysical level...a thing that hints at a strange world lying just beyond our own...perhaps a work of creative genius...perhaps a doorway to strangeness that should never have been opened.

I remember back in the mid 1990s when the schwa corporation became an underground phenomenon.


I bought the manual, I saw the stickers and symbols all over the place and could feel that there was something at work in the world that most people couldn't see. It was like a conspiracy crossed with an in-joke.

But the whole thing vanished...as mysteriously as it came.

(See Here for some more information on the Schwa)

It existed when we were discovering the Technocracy through White Wolf's Mage: the Ascension, and the shadowy conspiracies of SLA Industries. It was grounded in our world, but existing beyond it...a dark twisted reflection of what we saw around us. If you can track down anything about the Schwa these days, it's a miracle...but worth it...a real 90's zeitgeist thing. We'll probably see more about them in the 2020s if my "30 year cycle belief" is anything to go by.

Now, I've been alerted to something just as mind blowing.

The SCP Foundation

I don't know how long it's been going, but obviously for a while and by a dedicated group of talented individuals.

The only other thing I can say at this stage is that I dare you to explore the site and read through some of the objects described, and I dare you not to be inspired by the story potential in at least a few of them.

Comments

Rob Lang said…
Superb find! Thanks for sharing.

I was going to run a one-off live roleplay in Reading once but never found the time to put the materials together.

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)