Variant RPGaDay2026 - Days 1, 2, & 3
Another suggested way to do the RPGaDay prompts was to make a character that fulfilled the criteria of the daily, weekly,and day of the week prompts. I thought that was cool, but had enough trouble keeping up the regular posts as it was. So I've held off that option until this months, and that's basically meant that everything is out of sequence. I don't care, that shakes things up a bit.
I'm going to do these in clusters of 3. Showcasing three different characters that fit the prompt combination, where all three are from the same game system. I probably won't have time to actually make up the three characters, but I'll try to explain them in the same way that I'd explain throwaway NPCs if I was running a campaign in that setting.
The reshuffled prompts due to the different organisation of days in September gives us the following...
For the first 3 characters, I'll be using the Star Wars setting.
Batch 1 (Star Wars)
Because I'm not actually generating the stats, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference which edition of the Star Wars game I'm using (West End Games, Fantasy Flight, d20, etc.).
Drive – Discipline – Full of Grace
In this context, these three prompts scream to me a Jedi Consular.
"Maroo Charsar"
Goal: A loyalist from the days before Order 66 (because it seems these days that half the Jedi actually survived the order and are in hiding across the galaxy). She knows that there are others out these and is looking to gather the remaining resources of Jedi knowledge before they are lost forever.
Obstacle: She knows that if she is found out, she'll be killed by various Imperial remnants and bounty hunters, so her gathering is slow and methodical.
Strength: She has limited control over minds and mind reading abilities, she also has a small but loyal group of allies.
Weakness: Her connection to the force is weakening as she deliberately avoids using it.
Drive – Stature – Full of Woe
For these three I'm seeing a fallen Jedi who maintains a strong influence across the galaxy. There's a whole heap of "Inquisitors" that fit this mould, but I'd rather this character be a criminal lord who uses his connection to the force to bring down others.
"Jandus Cavali"
Goal: To establish a criminal empire to rival the Hutts, it's not going to happen, but a guy's got to have dreams.
Obstacle: There are many other criminal kingpins playimng the same space, each of whom would sell him out in a heartbeat if kit served their purposes.
Strength: He still has his lightsaber, although it has turned orange and is getting redder. He has managed to secure control over a few space trade routes, and is careful to keep a low profile.
Weakness: He is getting angrier and losing self control as he gets closer to the dark side, his henchmen are starting to notic this and are starting to wonder about him.
Drive – Poise – Far to Go
So this one gives the the impression of a smuggler who needs poise and needs to keep a level head if they're planning to get their black-market goods a long distance across the galaxy.
"Kalindi Myndos"
Goal: Make enough money to pay off his debts and get out of the smuggling business. She has a nest egg, and could require now but wants to be a bit more comfortable for the rest of her days.
Obstacle: She's still got a few debts, and the ship needs regular repairs... it often feels like one step forward, one step back.
Strength: She has developed a reputation as someone who can negotiate the Imperial remnants, and while she may not be the fastest, her ship is the most reliable and maneuverable is the cosmic badlands. Enough people have regular trade with her and want her alive to keep trading.
Weakness: There's a couple of traders who've bet against her over the years and this means she's not welcome on a few planets across this part of space. Even though she wants to settle down, she's always on the go, and just can't stop... but she's getting tired.
The aim for any of these characters is that they could be useful allies, potential sources of jobs, or ways to connect the player characters into a wider world. If the players resonate with these characters, we can write them up in more depth later.

Comments