The Great G+ Exodus

Well, it's happening. Google Plus is clising down in under a year, but the pricess of winding down has begun. I get a lot of traffic here at the blog from G+ because my posts automatically get reposted there as a part of the wider Google ecosystem. That means I expect traffic here at the blog to drop off a bit, unless I can find a way to repost blog entries to somewhere new.

This news hit me about 6 hours ago, and in that time, a few hundred G+ members have engaged in the great G+ exodus. This move has shifted a decent chunk of my game related community to the MeWe platform.

I've already set up an Artists Group over there, and a few members have already joined. I've also established a group for Australian Game Designers (or those interested in them).

If you're interested this is me... I think it'll take a while to build back up to the 3700 followers I had on G+ (especially when there's a cap of 50 new contacts per day).

There are some great advantages to the new site, such as the ability to add sketches, audio, and markdown text, but these are offset by the politics of the site's founder. When there doesn't seem to be any better options, you've got to take the good with the bad. We'll see how long until another community exodus is required. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)